My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 fu**ing magical stars!!!
This book/play gave me such joy, such high that nothing today can bring me down! I read my first Harry Potter book in college and today I felt the same giddiness that I did then.
This book has the usual suspects – Harry, Ron, Hermoine along with
– Ginny – she has grown up to be the kind of mom we all love
– Draco Malfoy – I loved him as a kid and now, as a grown up, he’s all the more sexy and lovable
– Albus Dumbledore and his “talks” with Harry
– Hagrid at his adorable best
– Snape and his heroism and sacrifice
– Platform 9 3/4 the and Hogwarts Express
– Professor McGonagall
– Invisibility Cloak and Map of Mischiefs
– Bane the Centaur
– Moaning Myrtle and “her” girls bathroom
– The Sorting Hat
– Patronus and Dementors
– Ministry of Magic (obviously coz both Harry and Hermoine work there now)
to name a few…
While reading this I realized how perfect Harry’s life is now. Yes, he’s overworked, struggling to connect with his son but he has Ginny. They are just perfect together. I couldn’t have conceived a better life for The Boy Who Lived.
Ron & Hermoine are amazing. Hermoine’s seriousness and Ron’s goofiness complement each other so well that they are a match made in Heaven.
We meet Albus Potter, Harry’s middle child who is struggling under his father’s shadow. We meet his best friend – Scorpius who is Draco Malfoy’s son. They have a wonderful adventure with all the usual turmoils and sacrifices and learnings. Albus Potter manages to save the world in the end, much like his father.
It was wonderful to go back into the world of wizards and magic. Its a must read for all the Harry Potter fans out there.
My Blog: www.maddysreading.wordpress.com