My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This was a nice sweet story of a fiercely independent girl and a hot playboy alpha. Sounds familiar right?
There were some things which made the story independent
– They met at a seniors home where Tate’s mother and James’ father were staying. Attraction was instant and all-consuming. However, Tate had just come out of a serious relationship and she was not looking for anything long-term. James doesn’t do long-term. So it was a perfect match. They decided to have a temporary fling till they had to go back to their lives and they had fun.
– Tate is fiercely independent. She owns her family business and is struggling to make ends meet. So she doesn’t expect to see James anymore after she is back to Boston. But somehow James is unable to let her go. I loved how Tate was shown taking care of her family, managing her business while trying to protect her heart.
– James doesn’t do commitment but somehow he is not able to keep Tate away from his head and his heart. He seeks her out and stays. I loved how James let Tate do her thing while staying at her back as a fierce protector. Pure ALPHA!
– There is a nice bit of mystery thrown in which makes the book all the more intriguing. The twists and turns were interesting and not expected.
– I loved the banter between the Bowen brothers. I love “guys talk” among brothers/friends and James brothers are very entertaining. I wish there were more interactions between Max and Tate.
All in all a good read for summer.